Saturday, June 18, 2011

Grace Rides a Bike!

No matter how much I make sure everyone is taken care of before getting into the shower it always happens that one of the children comes and bangs on the door. They yell something unintelligible except for the word "mom" and I yell back that I can't understand them and they yell louder. How many times this goes back and forth depends on several factors, but mainly my patience. Most of the time it ends with me yelling at them to go away and praying that they were not trying to report some disaster that needs my immediate attention. So one morning this week as I'm getting into the shower it starts with Elizabeth yelling something. I do decide this time to go to the door and she tells me that Grace is riding a bike. I say something to the effect that that is great, but nothing to get me out of the shower about (Grace has a little bike with training wheels that she loves to ride). Then Elizabeth tells me that Grace is riding a bike with only two wheels and that she, Elizabeth, taught her how to do this. I tell Elizabeth that I will check it out when I'm through, but no more bike riding until I'm done. I try to finish my shower in a hurry wondering how the 5 year old is teaching the 3 year old to ride a bike and where on earth were my older children. Well imagine my surprise when I went out and found that my just turned 3 year old is indeed riding a bike with no training wheels. I did ask one of the older children where they were in this process and one of them replied that they did see what was going on and made Grace put on a helmet! At least they provided some sort of help. I do think Grace is the youngest in our family to achieve this feat! She is quite proud of herself as is her little teacher!




No comments: