We were very happy to have him back in one piece as that became questionable during the summer. His injuries included (but were not limited to):
1. Falling off the top of a moving car and having the back wheel run over part of him. He says he was trying to eat a gingersnap and thus was not hanging on. Of course that doesn't answer why he was on the top of the car to begin with but instead of asking just file away in a folder labeled "when a group of teenage guys get together they do stupid things". His injuries from this accident became infected requiring doctor visit and antibiotics.
2. Falling off the top of a cabin (seeing any pattern here?) and landing face first.
3. Getting shot at point blank range in paint ball several times from campers who didn't have a clue.
Some of the highlights were (according to Scott):
(These are not in order)
1. Staying up till midnight working in the pool on bodyboarding.
2. Giving a vespers talk in front of the whole camp.
3. Getting encouraging notes from our sister cabin.
4. Writing songs for our sister cabin.
5. Scaring a kid into an asthma attack.
6. Playing Yuckaball
7. Talking with a trouble kid about Christ and seeing God save him
8. Spending time with inner city kids at the pool
9. Talking with a Cuban kid about his anger problems
10. Playing music for worship
11. Dressing up in crazy outfits
12. Leading Bible Studies and discussions with kids
Some pictures to enjoy:
Scott with some of the campers
Getting ready for counselor hunt (counselors hide - campers hunt)
Training week pre-haircut
When Scott knew he had to get a haircut before campers arrived
he had one of the guys shave his head in a mohawk until then
I will spare you a picture of that!
You can pray for Scott as he starts school this year. He has switched his major to biochemistry and will be going pre-med. This is something he has thought about for quite some time (one of you has particularly encouraged him in this) and he is very excited about it. He does however have a long, hard road ahead first.