Saturday, January 8, 2011

World Magazine Story

Back in the fall, World Magazine did a story on the Rosenows and their ministry, The Shepherd's Crook. This is the adoption ministry where we found out about Anna. World wanted to do some follow-up stories about some of the families that had adopted through the Shepherd's Crook and so we were asked to submit our story. This we did and got a nice thank-you, but no indication that they would be using it. I figured they were using another family's story as we never heard back. But then on Monday we get an email that they were going to use ours! And then a phone call saying, "Can we send a photographer to your house today or tomorrow?" This "today" happened to be the day that I was taking down Christmas decorations - so there were boxes all over the house and decorations in various stages of being put up. It was also the day I was trying to get all my school stuff ready to start back on Tuesday so there was also school stuff everywhere. And of course laundry - which is always everywhere. We went into frenzied cleaning mode and by Tuesday had the house at least somewhat presentable. The photographer came out and took somewhere between 500-600 pictures! He took pictures in the girls' bedroom, in the schoolroom, in the family room, outside and in the kitchen (notice there were not many areas in the house that we could skip cleaning!) We had to put food on the table and pretend we were eating dinner at 3:00 in the afternoon. It was an interesting experience. I don't know what issue the story will be in and I don't know if we will just be a little blip of a paragraph, but the kids all think it is pretty cool that we will be in print. I will reserve my judgment on the coolness of it all until I see what they actually put in!

1 comment:

Daniel said...

They printed it. My mom sent me a link to it last night.

http://www.worldmag.com/articles/article.cfm?eid=DC0716EC-C75A-978E-988B430CD3F8588A