Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Peachtree and the Fourth

The Peachtree Road Race is a big tradition in our family. My dad, brother and I started running in it back in the 70's when it was young and small. Now it consist of 55,000 runners, but it is fun. The crowds and music along the way make you almost forget you are running 6.2 miles. I have run every year that I can - missed several for pregnancies - but hope to continue running in them as long as I can. Scott and Amy joined in about 5 years ago. They however ran another race to qualify for a seeded number (which they got) so they got to start up in the front of the pack. This year was Katie's first year. It was a great day to run as the humidity was low. We all had a great time.

We managed to get an extra number so Katie had a friend join her. It was the first time in the race for both of them. They had a great time running together.

In the afternoon, Scott and Amy headed back to camp and we went over to my parents for some water fun and then to watch the fireworks at their club. A long day, but a wonderful time.

My sister runs the race also!





No comments: